Five sublime pieces at Brooklyn Museum’s Frida Kahlo exhibit, open now
By Lore Croghan Special to Brooklyn Street Beat Frosted Pink Lightning. That was her nail…
Summer is right around the corner. Sunny skies, higher temperatures and beachwear await us but not without the threat of exposing our skin to the sun’s harsh rays.
According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of their lifetime with over 2 million people diagnosed annually.
Of course, prevention and detection are the keys to keeping your skin safe. Skin cancers found and removed early are almost always curable. It is suggested to see a dermatologist once a year for a full body examination.
Bay Parkway Physicians offers a wide array of dermatological treatments such as scanning your skin for abnormalities, less invasive non-surgical procedures and surgical measures all done in house by their trained staff.
Examples of non-surgical procedures performed by the Bay Parkway Physicians team include:
– Skin Cryosurgery uses liquid nitrogen to freeze and destroy abnormal cells that may lead to cancer.
– Dermal Electro-surgery uses a mild electrical current to remove unwanted blemishes.
– Intravenous Infusions of Vitamins corrects imbalances in the body, dehydration or deliver medications
Some of the surgical procedures done at Bay Parkway Physicians include:
– Punch Biopsy of the skin to remove small, deep lesions or diagnoses a rash on the skin
– Ingrown Toenail Removal
– Fusiform Excision, which is usually performed to remove malignant melanoma
– Trigger Point Injection to treat painful areas of muscle that contain knots caused by a muscle that does not relax
The highly trained and professional staff is equipped to perform all of these procedures right in the office, which takes the hassle out of referrals and separate trips to specialists.
Don’t hesitate to call Dr. Michael Patin and his knowledgeable dermatological staff at Bay Parkway Physicians today to get a thorough skin check and have a happy, healthy summer.
More details about these procedures and the many other services offered at Bay Parkway Physicians are on their website.
Bay Parkway Physicians is located at 6417 Bay Parkway – (718) 234-6767.
Leopoldi's Hardware 415 5th Ave. Leopoldi's True Value Hardware celebrated...
The Brooklyn Eagle's Dipti Kumar took a look at what...
History buffs, this one's for you! The Battle of Brooklyn...