For the past 50 years, New York Road Runners has grown from a running club to a global entity in the running community. Their belief is that the simple act of running can make you healthier, happier and more confident.
They host several events throughout the year (including the TCS New York City Marathon) and this month they’re coming to Brooklyn! The course even includes a homestretch along the Coney Island boardwalk.
To celebrate The Brooklyn Half, New York Road Runners is throwing a Brooklyn Half Pre-Party presented by New Balance on Pier 2 of Brooklyn Bridge Park. Right on the water with amazing views of Manhattan, the venue includes five acres of recreational space and sports facilities.
Just a few of the fun ways to celebrate at this year’s Brooklyn Half Pre-Party:
– Donate your old running shoes to recycle them & pick up a New Balance coupon
– Taste bites from Chickpea & Olive, Morris Grilled Cheese, One Girl Cookies… and more!
– Browse exhibits by Sparkly Soul, Fellow Barber, JackRabbit Sports… and more!
– Participate in Fitness Sessions such as Zumba, Insanity & Hip Hop Dance Classes
– Join an easy 2-3 mile run to check out the sites of Brooklyn before the big Half
– LIVE music curated by Baeblemusic featuring DJ’s and live acts
The party lasts for days!
Wednesday & Thursday, May 14 & 15 from 12 noon – 9pm / Friday, May 16 from 10am – 9pm
So whether you’re running in the Half, supporting someone who is or just want to come by and check it out, the Brooklyn Half Pre-Party promises to be a mix of music, food and fun times!